While planning your wine tasting trip to the Alderbrook Winery and the many other fine Sonoma wineries, be sure to set aside time to enjoy the beauty of Healdsburg. A major hub of the Northern California wine country, Healdsburg is a wine tasting paradise. It is where the Russian River Valley, Dry Creek Valley, and Alexander Valley appellations come together.
There are so many fun things to do in and around Healdsburg:
- Sample wines from Sonoma wineries paired with innovative cuisine in wonderful restaurants.
- Go shopping and antiquing around the Healdsburg Plaza.
- Walk along picturesque streets lined with historic homes.
- Unwind with a soothing massage at one of the area's many spas.
- Linger in museums and the Sonoma County Wine Library.
- Meander Farm Trails and Art Trails through the Alexander Valley, Dry Creek Valley, and Russian River Valley wine regions surrounding Healdsburg.
- Outdoor recreation and family fun activities abound. Travel along the backroads for picnics under redwood trees in one of the many national, state, or regional parks. Or experience hot air balloon rides over the vineyards and rolling hillsides. The golf courses in Sonoma and neighboring Napa counties are among the best the San Francisco Bay Area has to offer.
Residents and visitors enjoy bicycling the hills and flatlands around Healdsburg year-round. Road bike enthusiasts look forward to the Harvest Century Bicycle Tour which crisscrosses the Sonoma wine country every July. Those who prefer off-road cycling head into the challenging terrain of parklands where mountain biking is welcomed.
The Russian River runs through Healdsburg. Visitors enjoy beaches, swimming, canoeing and kayaking, from Healdsburg all the way to the Pacific Ocean. Ride or drive the Pacific Coast to enjoy sightseeing, walking on beaches, whale watching, bird watching, or rock climbing! Enjoy a scenic driving tour to San Francisco, the Napa Valley, Mendocino, Redwood Empire and the North Coast, all easily within a day's reach.
For more information on fun things to do in and around Healdsburg, follow these links:
Visit Healdsburg | Healdsburg Events